In the News
- What Search Warrant? Your Facebook Messages and Private Emails are not Safe From FBI Surveillance, Says ACLU
- Biometric Database of All Adult Americans Hidden in Immigration Reform
- Bloomberg Admits Terminal Snooping
- Govt Obtains Wide AP Phone Records in Probe
Mission and Functions
The mission of the Defense Privacy and Civil Liberties Office (DPCLO) is to implement the Department of Defense's Privacy and Civil Liberties programs through advice, monitoring, official reporting, and training. The DPCLO is responsible for the implementation of the Department of Defense Civil Liberties Program.
- Civil liberties are fundamental rights and freedoms protected by the Constitution of the United States.
- The Department of Defense will protect the civil liberties of its personnel and the public to the greatest extent possible, consistent with its operational requirements.