In the News
- Google Glass Has Already Been Hacked by Jailbreakers
- Number of Names on U.S. Counter-Terrorism Database Jumps
- With Cloud, Privacy Issues Loom
- Tag Team: Jihadis, Hackers Join Forces to Launch Cyberattacks on United States
- IRS Data Web Snares Mostly Low-and Middle-Income Taxpayers
Mission and Functions
The mission of the Defense Privacy and Civil Liberties Office is to implement the Department of Defense's Privacy and Civil Liberties programs through advice, monitoring, official reporting, and training. The Defense Privacy and Civil Liberties Office is responsible for implementation of the Department of Defense (DoD) Privacy Program.
- The privacy of an individual is directly affected by the collection, maintenance, use, and dissemination of personal information by Federal agencies;
- The increasing use of computers and sophisticated information technology, while essential to the efficient operations of the Government...