In the News
- What Search Warrant? Your Facebook Messages and Private Emails are not Safe From FBI Surveillance, Says ACLU
- Biometric Database of All Adult Americans Hidden in Immigration Reform
- Bloomberg Admits Terminal Snooping
- Govt Obtains Wide AP Phone Records in Probe
Mission and Functions
The mission of the Defense Privacy and Civil Liberties Office is to implement the Department of Defense's Privacy and Civil Liberties programs through advice, monitoring, official reporting, and training. The Defense Privacy and Civil Liberties Office is responsible for implementation of the Department of Defense (DoD) Privacy Program.
- The privacy of an individual is directly affected by the collection, maintenance, use, and dissemination of personal information by Federal agencies;
- The increasing use of computers and sophisticated information technology, while essential to the efficient operations of the Government...