In the News
- Fraud Alert: How to Prevent Holiday-Related Identity Theft
- Yahoo Vows to Encrypt All Its Users' Personal Data
- North Texas Drivers Stopped at Roadblock Asked for Saliva, Blood
- Spy Court Says NSA Exceeded Bounds, but Judges Approved all Data Requests Anyway
Mission and Functions
The mission of the Defense Privacy and Civil Liberties Office is to implement the Department of Defense's Privacy and Civil Liberties programs through advice, monitoring, official reporting, and training. The Defense Privacy and Civil Liberties Office is responsible for implementation of the Department of Defense (DoD) Privacy Program.
- The privacy of an individual is directly affected by the collection, maintenance, use, and dissemination of personal information by Federal agencies;
- The increasing use of computers and sophisticated information technology, while essential to the efficient operations of the Government...